- 1959EXPERIMENTAL BECHET CENTRE
- 1965EXPERIMENTAL STATION FOR VALORIFICATION OF BECHET SANDS
- 1970STATION OF RESEARCH FOR THE AMELIORATION OF BECHET SANDS
- 1975CENTRAL RESEARCH STATION FOR THE CULTURE OF PLANTS ON DABULENI SANDS
- 2005RESEARCH – DEVELOPMENT CENTRE FOR THE CULTURE OF PLANTS ON DABULENI SANDS
- 2009RESEARCH – DEVELOPMENT STATION FOR THE CULTURE OF PLANTS ON DABULENI SANDS
The Research and Development Station for Plant Culture on Sands is located in Calarasi, Dolj County, on national road 55, Craiova-Bechet-Corabia, 75 km south of Craiova and 40 km west of Corabia
Geographical coordinates are: North latitude: 43° 48′, East Longitude: 24° 5′. The relief, in its natural state, consists of dunes and interdunes with variable shapes and sizes, oriented in the direction of the West-East.
SOIL AND CLIMATE
SCDCPN Dăbuleni has carried out and operates mainly in the area of sandy soils in southern Oltenia, soils with coarse texture, colloidal clay content below 12 % and reduced humus (0.1-1.6%). Sand soils have low natural fertility, being poorly supplied with nitrogen and phosphorus and medium supplied with potassium.
From a climatic point of view, the area of sandy soils to the left of Jiu is framed, after Köppen, in the climatic province of CFax, having a pronounced continental character with slight Mediterranean influence, which is manifested by a sharp dryness in July – September and a normal amount of rainfall in May and June. The average annual temperature is 11.1 ℃. The multiannual average rainfall is 548 mm, unevenly distributed over months and with large variations from one year to the next.